Sunday, December 18, 2016

Epox Badger RMF stock....The Beginning

Ok, so RMF, what does it mean?  RMF stands for Richards MicroFit gunstocks.  The have an awesome collection of laminate stocks.  From Rifles to shotguns.  From blanks to ones for select rifles.  And in all sorts of colors and styles.  So when I purchased the Epox Badger 40 cal, it was automatic that I would buy a RMF gun stock.  Not just because I like RMF but also because I mod everything I own.  Another reason I chose RMF is because they offer any color/style stock the make for QB actioned guns.  And the Badger is one such Air Rifle.  Its based off of the QB action.  Here is a quote right from the webpage showing what they are all about:
"Richards Microfit Stocks, Inc.
Semi-Custom Gunstocks Since 1948
Gunstocks for Over 100 Bolt Actions, Air Rifles, & Muzzleloaders in 25 Different Sporter, Standard & Target Stock Designs!
20 Laminated Colors & 8 Grades of 7 Different Species of Hardwoods! 
Our Gunstocks are Custom Made.... You Choose the Style, Wood Type & Action Inlet
FREE Rosewood Tip & Cap Installed on Sporter Stock Styles"


The Epox Badger 40 cal:

After sorting through many pages, I decided to go with the WOLVERINE style and the IMPERIAL color scheme.  Complete with Rose Wood end caps on both the pistol grip and the for-end.  The one thing about ordering a stock for the QB action is that RMF cuts off the fore end rosewood end cap which makes the stock overall length shorter.  You don't want this as the Big Bore conversions based off the QB action tend to be much longer than an actual QB airgun itself.  So IMO, it makes the gun look a little weird.  So with this order, I made sure I enforced the "do not cut off the endcap" rule.  And RMF complied.

The RMF stock (in the raw):

 The RMF stocks come to you unfinished bye the way so you can either do it yourself or send it off to your favorite gunsmith.  I choose to tackle mine myself and also add a Morgan Butt Pad.  I'm not going to get into "how to finish a gun stock" but here is the final SANDED gun stock ready for coats of preferred finish:

So as you can see, the stock project is coming along quite nicely and will be done very soon.  More update on this project coming soon so make sure your in the know!

Tofazfou





2 comments:


  1. My name is teuku, I come from Indonesia.

    I offer the service to edit the template of your website.

    contact me via email: teukufajrul@ymail.com

    my blog: http://teukuid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to say thanks for the posts. I am just getting into airguns and had so many questions about casting my own pellets. I felt like an idiot for not knowing but the information you post has been of real value to me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete