Monday, August 12, 2013

Michael Chavka: Figured Maple CORSAIR stock. WOW!

 

I was recently contacted by Mr. Chavka who is a local stock maker and makes some of the nicest air gun stocks around.  Michaels stocks stand out from the rest and it's noticeable at 1st glance.  He's just got his own style.  His style is not overbearing and nor is it boring by any stretch of the imagination.  The designs are just right in my eyes and his gun stock lines flow smoothing with the guns line as well as having just the right features that make you say "HELLO".

He had noticed that I was upgrading my .308 Corsair and just so happened to have a stock laying around that he made for another Corsair.  So he offered to have me fit it too my gun and see if I liked it.  Upon receiving the gun and unboxing it, it was an instant love affair and I knew for certain that I wanted to keep it.  I currently have a Richards MicroFit gun stock on my Corsair and that stock is of the Pepper Laminate color.  Michael made his own "PEPPER COLOR"  called Rustic Silver Maple and I love it even more than the Richards Laminate color and its much more elegant in every way.  You can see down below for yourself....lol!

The MC stock is also just a tad lighter than the RMF laminate stock by some ounces.  Maybe due to the skeletonized butt stock or its the difference in material between the two.  The MC stock weighs in at 2 lbs - 11 oz while the RMG weighs in at 3 lbs - 4 oz.  Lengths of both stocks are identical.  The LOP also seems to be the same between the two which is perfect cause I love the feel of the RMF LOP.  Also, the MC stock comes with a front and rear sling stud and the RMF doesn't.  The MC stock also comes with a nice butt pad while the RMF doesn't.  The MC stocks are finished and the RMF aren't cause they are for the DIY's which means work.  Also, because of my long and slender fingers, the finger grooves on the MC stock are a big plus compared to the skinny pistol grip on the RMF stock.

Unfortunately, my Corsair is getting a make over and is unavailable so there are no current pictures of the stock on the action.  Along with a host of other custom parts, Michael's stock is gonna make one hell of a great addition to the overall look, feel and quality of the finished Corsair.  I can't wait till it all comes together.  But for now, I will leave you with pictures of Mr. Chavka's creation for my Corsair.  ENJOY!











When the Corsair gets put back together, this post WILL BE CONTINUED.................

Stay tuned!
TOFAZFOU

1 comment:

  1. Wow really nice stock!! Do you know how i can contact Michael Chavka personally?
    thanks in advance!

    Best regards,


    Michael

    ReplyDelete